From Textop Wiki
|Welcome to the planning pages|
The planning wiki
As future members of Citizendium, please feel free to make this into an excellent project planning resource. If you wish to contribute to this wiki, in the spirit of the Citizendium, please sign up using your own real name as your username.
This wiki is for any documents about the Citizendium project that you would like others to collaborate on. Here: arguments from the discussion forums and mailing lists are summarised; ideas are documented; and technical designs are advanced. It's a useful resource for those who have little time to spare. Please contribute, and add any pages created to Category:Citizendium.
- For relaxed, conversational debate - head to the Citizendium forums at http://smf.citizendium.org.
- For reasoned argument and in-depth collaboration - please use the Citizendium mailing lists at http://www.citizendium.org/lists.html
We will move these planning pages to a specially set-up "meta" wiki when one is created.
05 October 2006 - Pilot Project
26 September 2006 - Communications
The mailing lists are a place to focus on quality over quantity; somewhere to put minds together and carefully and at length come to well-reasoned, deeply-reasoned recommendations for the project. :See Working rules for the Mailing lists.
The Citizendium discussion forums are now live at http://smf.citizendium.org. This is the place for chat and informal exchanges for the project. The forums are moderated.
22 September 2006 - Citizendium on the web
As of Friday, 22 September 2006, 06:17 GMT, a search on Google, using the term "Citizendium", returned over one million hits. Library staff around the world, whose job it is to monitor blogs to do with new forms of information dissemination and information technology, have already noticed a huge upsurge in interest in this project, as well as links to this wiki.
These milestones should be only the most significant "watershed" developments in the project.
Launch website(Sept. 15)
Make initial announcement(Sept. 15)
Launch mailing lists(Sept. 20)
Launch forums and re-launch mailing lists(Sept. 26)
- Find wiki host/co-lo
- Do press release
- Launch wiki privately (pilot project)
- Launch wiki publicly
- Hold first face-to-face meeting
- Adopt charter
- Has anybody subscribed the lists to Gmane yet? Jon Awbrey 07:26, 21 September 2006 (PDT)
- Not that I know of. I guess that's up to moderators or Larry Sanger.--ZachPruckowski 07:31, 21 September 2006 (PDT)