From Textop Wiki
|Welcome to the planning pages|
The planning wiki
As future members of Citizendium, please feel free to make this into an excellent project planning resource.
If you wish to contribute to this wiki, in the spirit of Citizendium, please sign up using your own real name as your username.
This wiki is for any documents about the Citizendium project that you would like others to collaborate on. Here: arguments from the discussion forums and mailing lists are summarised; ideas are documented; and technical designs are advanced. It's a useful resource for those who have little time to spare. Please contribute, and add any pages created to Category:Citizendium.
- For relaxed, conversational debate - head to the Citizendium forums at http://smf.citizendium.org.
- For reasoned argument and in-depth collaboration - please use the Citizendium mailing lists at http://www.citizendium.org/lists.html
- What is Citizendium and the vision for it? - See http://www.citizendium.org.
We will move these planning pages to a specially set-up "meta" wiki when one is created.
17 October 2006 - Pilot Progress
Participants from a number of disciplines have registered via citizendium.org and much of the technical platform has been put in place. Fundamentals of Citizendium policies and culture are being agreed.
There is a press release and lots of publicity!
05 October 2006 - Pilot Project
26 September 2006 - Communications
The mailing lists are a place to focus on quality over quantity; somewhere to put minds together and carefully and at length come to well-reasoned, deeply-reasoned recommendations for the project. :See Working rules for the Mailing lists.
The Citizendium discussion forums are now live at http://smf.citizendium.org. This is the place for chat and informal exchanges for the project. The forums are moderated.
22 September 2006 - Citizendium on the web
As of Friday, 22 September 2006, 06:17 GMT, a search on Google, using the term "Citizendium", returned over one million hits. Library staff around the world, whose job it is to monitor blogs to do with new forms of information dissemination and information technology, have already noticed a huge upsurge in interest in this project, as well as links to this wiki.
These milestones should be only the most significant "watershed" developments in the project.
Launch website(Sept. 15)
Make initial announcement(Sept. 15)
Launch mailing lists(Sept. 20)
Launch forums and re-launch mailing lists(Sept. 26)
Finalize wiki host/co-lo, install server(Oct. 12)
- Do press release
- Launch wiki privately (pilot project)
- Launch wiki publicly
- Hold first face-to-face meeting
- Adopt charter
- How do we define a field?
- How should topics be structured?
- How should we handle sourcing?
- On the nature and sources of knowledge
- Does it matter that Wikipedia will take all the content back?
- Mailing List Outreach
- Blog Outreach
- Professional Organization Outreach
- How do we attract collaborators?
- How shall we do copyediting?
- On the nature and sources of expertise
- What makes someone an expert?
- What types of contributors do we need?
- Do we need a temporary forum?
- How do we market Citizendium?
- How should the Real Names policy work?
- What should we do about importing articles?
- When should we aim to go public?
- Pilot project